Objects of the Association
The Objects of the Association, which are developed from those expressed in the Declaration of Trust as “Holding together the traditions of the Regiment and perpetuating its deeds” shall be:
- To perpetuate the memory of all those whose service and sacrifice have contributed to the honour and glory of the Regiment throughout its history.
- To perpetuate the traditions of the Regiment and sustain and enhance its singular esprit de corps.
- To provide opportunities for members to keep in touch through organised meetings and activities.
- To bring to the notice of the appropriate Regimental Authorities any cases requiring regimental benevolence.
- To foster and further in whatever way may seen desirable, the well-being of the Association.
- To support the Regimental Museum in Enniskillen by encouraging donations of Inniskilling memorabilia.
- Ordinary Members – All Officers, Warrant Officers, Non-Commissioned Officers and Other Ranks who have served in the Regiment, or its successors, in the Regular or Territorial Armies.
- Associate Members – Family of Ordinary Members and, at the discretion of Branch Committees, ex-servicemen and women of other Regiments or Corps who subscribe to, and agree to abide by, the Constitution of the Association. Variations or additions to this category of membership in individual Branches must be authorised by the Trustees. Associate membership carries no voting rights.
- Honorary Membership – May be accorded to persons of appropriate status or those whose membership would be of benefit to the Branch. Conferral will rest with Branch Presidents in consultation with their Committees. Honorary Membership carries no voting rights.
All Branches are extremely keen to encourage new members to join. Further details of membership, secretaries, venues, etc., can be obtained by contacting us here.
The Royal Dragoon Guards Regimental Association
To read about The Royal Dragoon Guards Regimental Association please visit their website below: